Con tecnología de Blogger.

Just another day at the seafood market in Panama City

By 7:32 a.m.

Sometimes we are so convinced that the best is happening somewhere else that we often tend to ignore what is right in front of our noses. Is this not true?

Well, last week I visited the seafood market of Panama City. Probably one of the best places in town for eating a ceviche (a very popular dish made of raw fish cured in citrus juices), it is a really important place for capitalinos during Lent. You see, the majority of Panamanians are Catholic, which means that they observe this period of the liturgical calendar of many Christian religions and one of the traditions during this time is to eat fish on Fridays.

I have to say that at my house we never observed it because my mother doesn't eat fish nor seafood. She can't even smell tuna without complaining. So I never felt this particular practice close to my heart. This is why the seafood market always remained a pretty unfamiliar place to me.

But what I found so interesting about my last visit  is that I could see just how important the connection between people and the ocean is and also how Panamanians get their fish prepared. We might think we know how this is, but it is not until we've seen it closely that we really understand how locals like to get things done.

 So, here are a couple of my favourite shots from that day!

Mornings at the seafood market.

Mornings at the seafood market.

Mornings at the seafood market.

Mornings at the seafood market.

Mornings at the seafood market.

Mornings at the seafood market.

Mornings at the seafood market.

Mornings at the seafood market.

"Parkeando".

Mornings at the seafood market.

¿Quién contra mi?

Big thanks to the model, he's a natural!

Have a great week and if I don't write anything before Sunday, Happy Easter!

Astrid

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios