Con tecnología de Blogger.

365 days around the globe

By 7:02 a.m.

I started 2013 travelling. I spent Christmas in Germany and then took off to Austria, where I visited Vienna and traveled the country by car to Reutte, a town in Tyrol.

The year kicked off in a quiet little town, but in the best way! Among other excursions I got to go up the Zugspitze, Germany's highest peak, with the aerial lift. Amazing!

Reutte, a view from the Wolfsberg

Tiroler Luftseilbahn, the aerial lift that takes you to the Top of Germany!

Zugspitze, Germany's highest peak
During 2013, I traveled with my friend Giuseppina to Colombia and Ecuador. This trip was probably one of the best experiences so far. Everything, from the destinations to the people I met, made the voyage an unforgettable life lesson.

Giuseppina and I at Zipaquirá, Colombia

Best friends at Plaza Bolívar, Bogotá, Colombia
 Cayambe Volcano, north of Quito

Visiting Cuenca, Ecuador's colonial gem

Having fun in two hemispheres at Ciudad Mitad del Mundo (Middle of the World) 13,5 km from Quito
In addition to that, I traveled to Boquete, a town in the Panamanian highlands, to the province of Veraguas, the only Panamanian province that borders both the Pacific and the Atlantic Ocean and to La Arenosa, a lake near Panama City.
During the coffee tour at Finca Lérida, Boquete

Boquete, Panama

The main square in Santa Fé de Veraguas with friends


El Salto de las Palmas, Veraguas Province


Fishing at La Arenosa, Chorrera, thanks to our friends from Arenosa Fishing

A couple of months ago, I read a story about a group of journalists that traveled to Greenland in search of legends for a project called Qivitog- Greenland's Spirits. One of the answers from one of the crew members, Olaf, inspired me during my trips this year:
"You are only a guest everywhere you go. For one brief moment, you perceive a window onto it and it is quite possible that you have not understood what you saw through this window at all. Yet you would like to understand it more. And that is why you keep traveling".
Before I publish this post, I  want to share another quote. This one is from a conversation that Armin Pongs, a german sociologist and author whom I had the pleasure to meet when he visited Panama, had with a man in Varanasi,India. He loves traveling and has written stories about his experiences all around the word. It goes like this:
Pongs: "Ich bin Student und auf der Suche". 
I'm a student and I'm on the search.
Jesús (the man): "Und was hast du gefunden?
And what have you found?
Pongs: "Wichtig ist nicht so sehr was ich finde. Wichtig ist, dass ich auf Reisen bin. Ich will die Welt mit meinen eigenen Augen sehen"
It's not so important, what I find. What is really important is that I'm traveling. I want to see the world with my own eyes.
I hope you have traveled yourself too. And If you haven't reached that dream destination, don't worry. It is not about visiting a place, it is about the journey and the people you meet on the way.
Happy New Year!   Frohes Neues! Feliz año Nuevo!

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios