Con tecnología de Blogger.

Christmas in Giebelstadt

By 9:56 a.m.

The most beautiful Christmases have always been in company of my family. But as I have already told you, my families live in two continents: America and Europe. Being Panama my current country of residence, I travel regularly to Germany. And there is nothing that excites me the most than arriving in December and enjoying the Christmas season. Christmas markets, snow, my grandma's Butterplätzchen (Christmas butter cookies), drinking hot cocoa and tea while looking at the white blanket that covers the beautiful Franconian landscapes in Giebelstadt (a town 20 kms. from Würzburg) and the kindness typical to the people from Lower Francony belong to the best memories of my young years.

Walking in a Winterwonderland: Giebelstadt

 Nothing better than Oma's Plätzchen

 Decorating the christmas tree

My parents Lourdes and Peter
Home. My cousin Katrin, my brother Adriano and my cousin Moritz.

 My uncle Klaus during a Schneeballschlacht (snowball fight) in our garden

 I was reading a book of christmas stories from different authors when I stumbled upon Eyvind Johnson's short story "Advent". One phrase drew my attention to the true meaning  of this season's spirit.
 "Happiness is a strange and simple feeling" .
In fact, the absolute most moving moments happen when you don't necessarily expect to receive anything from anyone, but when you look at the people that surround you as your companions and you appreciate the time you've been given to spend with them. It is during these moments that one understands how incredible it is to just love and be loved in return. 
 My beloved Oma Erna and I
My brother's friend Gabriel, who was studying in Freiburg, spent Christmas with us in Giebelstadt

Zum Wohl! Cheers, to another year together! My uncle Johannes and Oma

And now, pictures from Würzburg! 
The Old Main Bridge covered in snow

Würzburger Weihnachtsmarkt

Residenz Würzburg

Fortress Marienberg, as seen from the Old Main Bridge

Würzburger Dom

Merry Christmas everyone!



You Might Also Like

0 comentarios