Con tecnología de Blogger.

On a Parisian night

By 9:36 p.m.

Paris is that one city we all have to visit at least once. Its ambiance is unlike anything you'll ever experience, no matter how far or for how long you travel.

You see, when I visited the french capital, I was looking forward long walks along the Seine. During one of these promenades, I couldn't help but photograph every moment I wanted to keep in my memory forever. I posted one of the pictures on my Facebook profile and one of my best friends, Rosalia, mentioned it looked like a scene from Woody Allen's film Midnight in Paris.

The Eiffel tower and Pont Alexandre III as seen from the Quai d'Orsay

Having said that, I'll cut to the chase. While in Paris, you'll get the feeling that anything can happen. Evenings spent at the nearest brasserie, along with friends, a bottle of wine (even if it is not the finest wine) and the best conversation. A night out in Paris shows you the myriad of possibilities that life offers you, but it also teaches you to just smile, giggle along and drink another sip of that wine of mauvaise qualité.


The mythical Seine on its away across Paris


Bildunterschrift hinzufügen
A funny anecdote I always enjoy telling my friends was the last dinner in Paris. We had had a nice run eating kebabs and fries, but on our last night we decided to eat out in a brasserie. The waiter, a tall handsome very friendly guy, gave us the menu and instantly started the conversation. "Where are you from?" My brother and I, almost at the same time, said Panama. He danced in a foolish way and said "Oh, thats the country of salsa and reggaeton". We laughed and agreed. He took the order of another table and came back. "How long are you staying in Paris?", he asked in french. We started a conversation, where my brother would only look at us talking in french and wonder what was going on. "So, does your brother get upset if a I tell you how pretty you are?", he said in a very flirty way. I smiled and then looked at how the manager of the restaurant waved at him in a very aggresive manner, indicating he was in trouble. After a small argument, he came back with our order and kept talking, as if what his boss told him wasn't important...
Eiffel tower, symbol of Paris

December in Paris



We finished our meal, payed our bill and said good-bye. What shocked me, were his last words. "I know we'll see each other again". As we were walking up the Boulevard du Magenta towards our hotel and then to the Métro for meeting friends in Montmartre, I thought about his words. How on earth would we see each other again? We didn't exchange adresses nor emails, but I realized that wasn't important. C'est ça la joie de vivre: enjoy the moment, exchange smiles and create memories. The future or what will happen next is not so important.
Graffiti in the vieille rue du Temple, Le Marais, Paris

"Look at the sky". We should do that more often.

My night-outs in Paris gave me an image that many ignore of this metropolis: Paris is not only the city of opulence, luxury and high fashion; Paris is a city where you can enjoy the simplest pleasures and feel like you're on top of the world. That's the magic of a Parisian night.
The empty Boulevard du Magenta at 1:00 am on a December night

Paris on a cold December night: no descriptions needed, pure magic!

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios