Con tecnología de Blogger.

#5: Peeling potatoes and the joy of spring in Germany

By 3:29 p.m.

2015 is right around the corner, therefore I would love to share with you my 5 favorite travel moments of this year!

First and foremost, I'd love to state that every single moment spent at airports, train stations, tram or bus stops and walking streets, bazaars, fresh fruit markets and travelling in general, has been special and crucial for my learning of life. There are so many enriching experiences in life and to travel is definitely one of them.

The moments on this list correspond to the order in which they happened. Let's get started!

#5: Peeling potatoes and the joy of spring in Giebelstadt, Germany

If you've read my previous posts, then you know that my family in Germany lives in northern Bavaria, specifically in the town Giebelstadt, about 20 kms from Wurzburg, the biggest city in that region.

Due to the fact that I live in Panama, travelling to visit my family was always a necessity and arriving to this town is always a reason to rejoice.
But this time in particular, travelling to Germany was twice as special. We were travelling in May to spend my grandma's birthday together. This was something new, since we always travelled for Christmas, the time in which school is out in Panama and vacations are three months long.

I decided to present all my university projects and do my finals before the semester was even over to be able to travel before my parents and brother, by the end of April.

Arriving was pure bliss. The hectic of city life soon disappeared of my mind and I adapted to town life.

My first day in Germany was an ode to the love of spring: I helped cooking lunch for the family by peeling potatoes and other small chores that we would normally avoid during vacations. But that's exactly what I was looking for: I placed the rocker outside on the terrace and sat down with a bowl of unpeeled potatoes while I soaked up some sun.

After that, I played with my little cousins in the garden. We sat down at my aunt's little pond and enjoyed feeding her Koi fishes and posed for some really crazy pictures taken with my camera. My day was finally over with a visit to Wurzburg.
The whole landscape and the city came to life with different shades of vibrant green, people sitting at cafés and terraces with their Aperol Spritz or Steinwein and just the joy of the new season and the new memories about to be made.

Clara, Tobias and me playing in our grandma's garden.


Fresh strawberries from Essfeld! So good.
There's nothing more sublime than enjoying the simplicity of life. Even if you're travelling, taking time, looking up at the sky and walking around with no hurries are perfect ways of perceiving the place you're at.
Next on SpiegelEye, #4 on my list of best travel moments of 2014!!!

Have a nice weekend,
Astrid

Find me on:
instagram: @spiegeleyetravel
facebook: SpiegelEye travel blog
Contact: astrid_14893@hotmail.com
500px: https://500px.com/astrid_14893
 

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios