Con tecnología de Blogger.

Golden nights and bright lights in Amsterdam

By 5:03 p.m.

One day was enough for me to fall in love with Amsterdam and its vibrant energy. Nevertheless, I was craving for more.
On my second day in the Dutch capital I had so many plans, but I didn't get to do every single item on my list. I was supposed to meet a friend at Amsterdam Centraal, but she couldn't make it. So, after waiting for a while I started walking to Anne Frank's house on Prinsengracht 263. This was a surreal experience for me, because I read the diary both in Spanish and German as a child. I always felt identified with her and with how much she cherished writing and imagining a better world. In fact, at the museum I found out that her biggest dream was to become a famous journalist and writer. "Our challenge is to turn her would-haves into opportunities", reads a  giant poster with her face inside the museum. Her legacy lives on and echoes even beyond the walls of her hiding place, making it a universal message of hope for mankind. If you're in Amsterdam, go check it out!

After Anne Frank's house I wanted to visit more museums but I kinda got distracted along the way with all the pretty sights of the canals and the everyday life scenes this city has to offer. In Amsterdam you'll find so many reasons to just make a stop and enjoy the view. For me it was just a blink of an eye to walk from Prinsengracht to Museumplein!  I was so surprised to see how quickly time passed! After all the walking I sat down in front of the Rijksmuseum and had a hot chocolate. It was so crazy! I just wanted to have some more time to get lost in this quaint city!  That's what's so magical about Amsterdam. You enjoy it so much that you don't even realise the passing of time.

On my way back to Amsterdam Centraal to take the train back to Weesp, I indulged taking long exposure shots of the beautiful canals. Different hues of golden lights were reflected on the waters of the canals; it seemed as if the whole city were a jewel, a precious and invaluable work of art. All the lights and all the colours were so bright on that winter night, giving me many reasons to stay a little longer.
That's Amsterdam: it invites you to stay.
No need to have big plans or worry too much here. This city will show you the way.

Amsterdam <3

View from Prinsengracht 263. 

So breathtaking! 


Amsterdam at night. 

Along the Leidsestraat. 


Leidsestraat. 

Basilica of St. Nicholas.


You Might Also Like

0 comentarios