Con tecnología de Blogger.

Once upon a time in Weesp

By 4:11 a.m.

Some places seem to be taken out of a fairytale. One of such places is the town and municipality Weesp, in the province of North Holland in The Netherlands. Weesp is just a 17-minute train ride from Amsterdam. It boasts three historical windmills, bastions and fortifications that are part of the Defence line of Amsterdam and beautiful sights of the Vecht river and the Amsterdam-Rhine Canal.

Every morning I took the train to Amsterdam from Weesp. All my morning walks through town towards the train station were accompanied by the same peace and tranquility which is inherent to the landscape here. This also allowed me to see Amsterdam through the eyes of people who commute there everyday.  All those new faces, some worried and others just exhausted, intertwined with the sights outside the window, gave me a feeling of being a part of the city even if just for a couple of days. And because every single day in Amsterdam was for me such a fascinating and vibrant experience, every train journey back to Weesp made me long for a bit of quietness and tranquility.

How could I talk about Weesp without mentioning my incredible hosts? The amazing hospitality of Erik and Claudia was definitely one of those special memories I will carry with me for years to come. It is so nice to know you have friends all over the world that will welcome you with open arms and do just about anything within their reach to make your stay pleasant. Dank je wel! <3

On my last night in Weesp I walked around a bit before going home. Erik and Claudia ordered Indonesian takeaway for dinner and I was already excited to try all that delicious food, but I wanted to say goodbye to Weesp so I approached the waters of one of the canals, which reflected all the pretty colours from the fairy lights adorning the boats anchored to the sidewalks. All was quiet, like in a painting. Such a beautiful view to contemplate. Once upon a time in Weesp the world stopped a minute just for me.

The town of Weesp. 

A wee bit of colour here and there in Weesp. 

Walking around Weesp. 
Weesp by night and the river Vecht. 

Weesp by night. 

Weesp by night. 

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios