Con tecnología de Blogger.

Racconto di memorie a Roma

By 9:13 a.m.

Undoubtedly one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, Rome boasts a unique atmosphere that keeps attracting millions of people year after year. So much has been written about the Italian capital and we have all heard stories about it. I had also heard plenty of them, since my mum spend the first four years of her life in this city. My fascination for Rome started when I was fifteen, and learning Italian in Panama City to connect with my Calabrian origins.  I still have to travel to Calabria one day, but I always somehow felt connected to Rome.

Needless to say that you'll encounter thousands of tourists during your visit. But if you look close enough, Rome will offer you some of the most unforgettable moments that no other city can offer. In Rome you feel almost as if time had stopped to preserve the remains of a great Empire and its excesses, its marvellous and striking architecture, all paired with locals who reinvent these ruins with each passing day. Au contraire of what most people might think, I feel that Rome writes its history anew every single day.

The vibrant and pulsating vibe of this city also hides some ugly truths such as the increasing number of refugees and migrants living on the streets. It is quite difficult to foresee how these problems will be solved, but they are already having an effect on the urban landscape and the government is struggling to tackle them. As expected, Romans find a way of voicing their frustrations about the situations that affect their city. However, there are also moments to unwind. I was lucky enough to witness this side of Romans as well. Such as when I pet Domenico's dog Billy on Piazza Navona, or when I met Catarina and her son, who came all the way from Puglia to attend the Pope's mass on Sunday, or simply even chatting with the receptionist of the hotel where I was staying. During these brief encounters I could not only practice my Italian; I was able to listen to the spirit of Rome from different perspectives.

I could write endless paragraphs about all the churches, piazzas, and Ancient Rome monuments that are well worth a visit, but I feel that Rome is a city that you have to discover on your own. Regardless of who you're travelling with, friends, partner, or family, keep a little bit of Rome just for yourself and make it your own. I personally fell in love with the atmosphere of the piazzas, the cobblestone streets and the little corners and side streets that are almost deserted at night; the great food and the Roman spirit that always prevails. If Rome has been standing for two and a half thousand years already, then it will continue to do so no matter what.
My time in Rome recharged my batteries and gave me some of its vibrant energy. For this feeling I will forever be grateful.




So pretty! 

My new friend Billy. 

My other new friend Domenico at Piazza Navona. 

Il Pantheon. 

Piazza Navona and Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi by Bernini. 

Campo de' Fiori and the monument to Giordano Bruno. 

Cute corners <3 

Walks along the Tevere. 

San Pietro. 
So beautiful <3 


Impressive architecture: Porta del Popolo. 

Twin churches at Piazza del Popolo. 

View of rooftops from the top of the Spanish steps. 

Outside San Giovanni in Laterano. 


Breathtaking view from Castel Sant' Angelo. 

Sunsets in Rome <3 


You Might Also Like

0 comentarios