Con tecnología de Blogger.

Edinburgh inspiration

By 3:33 a.m.

As I write these lines the sun shines in Leeds and I think, unless proven wrong by the unpredictable weather of this city, that summer is finally here.
So many things have changed since my arrival (including the weather haha). I have changed as well, but one thing will remain the same: all the memories I made here will stay with me forever.

You see, people usually say you should seek for adventures, get out of your comfort zone and into the world, and they are right. Without adventures, new beginnings, and new places, life would be monotonous. What people don't say, and this you have to learn by yourself, is that an adventure is a risk you take. After a trip, your life views are different because you've been in touch with other ideas, and if you open your heart enough you will take some of these new ideas with you wherever you go. Life is an endless process of transformation, so why not use travelling experiences as catalysts for big changes?

My second time in Edinburgh opened doors that I believed were shut inside me.  It was also an amazing girls trip full of jokes and good food. Without a doubt one of my favourite moments was when we entered a bookshop in the Old Town. The place was so narrow that we could't even move, and the distinctive smell of old books was in the air.  I think we all walked out with 100-year-old prints. It was such good fun!

We also went to a ceilidh, a traditional Scottish social gathering, on our last night in Edinburgh. It was so much fun to dance like Scottish people. It was definitely a memorable night.  How could I forget our Karaoke night in the New Town? We danced the night away, and two guys even joined us and sang Beyonce's Halo with us. Such a fun night!

Since January I've been writing a personal travel diary, and I would like to share a short excerpt from one of the Edinburgh entries, written in the Elephant house (a.k.a. the J.K. Rowling cafe):

"Sometimes living in the here and now is the best and only thing we can do. Because if we don't, we'll be suspended in time, always longing for something that's not there or doesn't exist at all. All it takes is a bit of courage to recognise the good energy around you at every moment. Sometimes living in the now is all we have."

I think my Scottish adventures have shown me that it is better to take risks and go on adventures. Can't wait to be back for more inspiration <3


Winter in Edinburgh. 


Winter in Edinburgh. 

Winter in Edinburgh. 

I just love Scott Monument. 

Great travel crew! :) 

Winter in Edinburgh. 


Edinburgh Castle. 


Old Town Bookshop keeper. 

Edinburgh adventures. 

Winter in Edinburgh. 

Winter in Edinburgh. 


You Might Also Like

0 comentarios