Con tecnología de Blogger.

All the way to the top of Mount Snowdon

By 7:46 p.m.

Hiking trips are always the most exciting trips. After trekking the tropical rainforest of Panama and making it to the summit of the highest elevation in the country, Baru Volcano, I confirmed my love for climbing adventures. Although I had some mountain climbing experience, this new challenge was unlike anything I had ever done before. A group of friends and me were going to climb Mount Snowdon, highest mountain in Wales, in winter.

Our weekend trip began with a four-hour bus ride from Leeds to Rhyd Ddu, a village located at the foot of Mount Snowdon. We arrived quite late in the evening, so we didn't really get a chance to see anything during our first hours in Wales. We had to wait until next morning to look at the wonderful uninterrupted views of Mount Snowdon from our cute and modest cabin by the lake.

We packed our bags and set off quite early in the morning. We chose to hike Snowdon Ranger Path, which is a hard mountain walk that lasts approximately 6 hours, but we were not in a hurry. Our group made several pauses on the way, especially to take in all the breathtaking views.

As we climbed higher and higher, small valleys and hidden rivers started appearing in the vastness of Snowdonia National Park, making it probably one of the most impressive natural landscapes I have ever seen in my life. From up there the world seemed so silent, so pristine, and I couldn't but be in awe at the sheer beauty in front of me.

The longest pause we made was for having lunch in front of the massive mountain we still had to finish climbing. I felt like I could stare at Mount Snowdon forever without being bored. It was such an overwhelmingly beautiful experience, and I still feel that words can't do justice to what I saw and felt. In this moment I understood the world is full of wonders. We only just need to go out in search of them, and once we have found them, we should let them speak to us, and if possible, change us for the better.


View from the cabin.

Start of the hike. 

First scenic views from Snowdon Ranger Path. 

Nora and Alex. 



So breathtaking! 

Views from Snowdon Ranger Path.



Hikers. 

Vasek and Anjo. 

Vasek and the vastness of the landscape. 

Alex. 


Snowdonia.  

Mount Snowdon. 



Snowdonia National Park. 

The path to  the summit. 

Sheep.   
Mount Snowdon.

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios