Con tecnología de Blogger.

Joie de vivre à la Bavarian at the Ammersee

By 3:27 p.m.

I can't think of a place more peaceful than the lake Ammer in southern Germany. You see, when my parents invited me to spend a week with them at a town in the Fünfseenland, an area in Upper Bavaria which consists in 5 lakes of glacial origin, I wasn't so convinced at first. "Well, it'll be a very long week down there", I thought. How wrong was I. 

As days passed, I begged for them to last a little longer.  Unlike the Starnberger See, which reunites all the elite people coming from nearby Munich, the Ammersee has a much more regional, charming and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for unwinding and admiring the joie de vivre of Bavarians. 

So, whether it is you want to have a Russn or Radler [both are shandies: a Russn (Russian) is prepared with wheat beer and lemon soda and a Radler with regular beer+lemon soda], or maybe you'll just want to drink an Aperol Spritz with your Käsespätzle, because this is the place to eat all the schmankerln you can, a word from the Bavarian dialect meaning delicacies; here you can let go of the world's problems.   

On my last night at the Ammersee I went out with my camera to capture these feelings of perpetual enjoyment and love for the summer that was coming to an end. With the distant sound of a jazz band playing at a local club and the whole town out and about on that warm night, I felt so energised and incredibly happy to be there. Perhaps it's the lake, or the Alps, maybe the great food and beverages, who knows. But the Ammersee has something special that makes you love it almost instantly. 

Dinner with a view at the hotel Seehof in Herrsching. 

Ammersee by night. 

Peaceful Ammersee. 

So many beautiful colours!

Ammersee by night. 

Sail away...
Out and about. 


Warm summer nights with these views! 

You Might Also Like

2 comentarios

  1. "the Ammersee has something special that makes you love it almost instantly" Perfectly true! Living here I enjoy the relaxed, laid-back atmosphere around the lake every day.

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. Hello Leopold! You live in one of the nicest places I´ve ever visited! I really loved the Ammersee and hope to be back soon! Cheers and thank you for your comment! Astrid.

      Borrar