Con tecnología de Blogger.

The Cappadocia adventures: Valley of the Lovers

By 5:00 p.m.

As the song says, all good things must come to an end. It is hard to say goodbye especially when you're loving every minute of a new adventure and you keep learning so much everyday about the place you're visiting and the people you meet along the way.

On my last evening in Kapadokya, I explored the Uchisar castle, which I already featured in detail on a previous post. What I want to write about today, on my last post about Kapadokya, is what happened right after I left the castle.

Because we walked all the way to Uchisar from Goreme, we had no idea how the public transportation system worked. It was getting dark and it started to rain,  and we didn't know how we were going to get back. So I approached the ticket seller and asked him if we could call a taxi from there. He could barely speak English, but he understood our problem and approached his friend who was standing behind us. They were murmuring something in Turkish, when the seller finally gave me an answer. "My friend can take you," was the final offer. It was our only option, otherwise we would have had to walk back in the dark and under the rain. So we accepted and hopped on a stranger's car.

Our new friend was playing traditional Turkish music really loud and drove towards an ever-changing sunset of red hues. All of a sudden, he left the main road and took an unexpected turn. "I wanna show you something," he said. So he took us to the middle of nowhere in order to show us what he later explained to be the "Valley of the Lovers," a very popular place among couples who come to Kapadokya.

He pulled over close to a bench and let us out. I was amazed by the beauty of that place which we otherwise would have never discovered. All the rock formations had such pretty shades of pink and the whole moment was an unforgettable display of nature's sheer power to amaze us. After a while we got back in the car again and drove to Goreme. We said goodbye to our new friend, who adopted the role of tour guide for a brief moment to please two complete strangers during their wanderings in Kapadokya. I was so happy to be the recipient of such kindness.

We had dinner at our favourite place, Cafe Safak, which has the best coffee in town. If you're ever in Goreme, don't miss that spot. It's just awesome and the food is great.

If I was to tell you all the wonders of Kapadokya, I wouldn't finish and this post would be incredibly long. So I'll just tell you that you have to go there and experience it for yourself. You will fall in love, not only with the Valley of the Lovers, but with every single little thing this place has to offer. From the delicious food to the friendliest people, Kapadokya has it all, plus my heart, forever.


Last sunset in Kapadokya. 

Valley of the Lovers. 

Valley of the Lovers. 

Valley of the Lovers. 

Valley of the Lovers. 

Favourite cafe in Goreme: Cafe Safak <3

Kapadokya wine is the best! 

Best of memories in Kapadokya.  

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios