Con tecnología de Blogger.

The Cappadocia adventures: Cycling in Göreme National Park

By 6:56 a.m.

What does it take to be free? That is a hard one, my friends.

Freedom means so many different things for people and therefore it is always hard to define. I associate freedom with a state of mind that gives you peace and tranquility. My freedom probably stems from the experiences I've had and the places I've visited in my life, that's for sure. Among one of the most influencing moments of that freedom was cycling in Göreme National Park with my brother Adriano during our time in Turkey. What could be nicer than just renting a bike and exploring the world without any time constraints nor worries? Just a bike and huge desires to explore were enough for me.

Along the way, we stopped to enjoy the marvellous sights of strangely beautiful and unique rock formations and we enjoyed refreshments in the Rose Valley at our new friend Faruq's fresh fruit stand. Faruq was so thankful when I bought two pomegranate juices from him that he immediately gave me one grapefruit  as a present. "Take this, for you," he said. This was just another of the many moments where I experienced the good-heartedness of the people of Cappadocia. The only problem with the grapefruit was that I couldn't carry it, since my camera was taking up all the space inside my backpack. So I went back to return it and his solution was to give me another grapefruit and a huge resistant plastic bag to carry both! Lovely people you encounter while wandering around the world!

We cycled until we arrived at Cavusin, another small Anatolian town with an amazing castle-like rock formation. Cycling across the town while greeting everyone with "Merhaba" was probably one of the nicest memories I have of the entire trip. People were just so happy and waved back as we passed flashing in front of their eyes.

Freedom can mean several things. Getting on a plane and going somewhere new, trying out a new restaurant or a different hobby, maybe listening and making music.
Be it a bicycle or a stranger offering you grapefruits, and amazing sights in one of the world's most special corners, to me, they are just elements of the ultimate moment of freedom which I will forever associate to Cappadocia and its small, simple wonders.

Cycling in Göreme National Park. 
Göreme National Park 
Cycling in Göreme National Park. 

These views <3 



Breathtaking Cappadocia <3


Breathtaking Cappadocia <3


Cycling in Göreme National Park. 

Playing hide and seek inside the rock formations. 

These views <3


Cycling in Göreme National Park. 


Time for a break! 


These views <3



Aktepe White Hill in Göreme National Park. 

Views in Göreme National Park. 


Göreme National Park. 

Time for another break. 
With Faruq. 

The path to Cavusin. 


You Might Also Like

0 comentarios