Con tecnología de Blogger.

A bit closer to the heart of the world: SpiegelEye's 100th post!

By 1:46 p.m.

I can't believe I'm writing the 100th post of SpiegelEye. Which makes me ask myself the following question:

Why do I like to travel?

To answer this I like to look back at a moment during my last long trip. Sitting in a train to Frankfurt airport on my way to Egypt, I thought about the reason of my visit to this country. Lost in my thoughts and looking at the marvelous Franconian landscape outside the window, I began listening to one of my fave bands, the great Two Door Cinema Club, and suddenly everything seemed much more clear to me...

"The beacon is calling me
the light that never dies
Reliving this is something new
And something finally"

Travelling is not just about going somewhere. It's about coming closer to the heart of the world, which therefore brings you closer to yourself. 

"In between the lines is the only place you'll find
What you're missing but you didn't know was there"

So, wherever you feel you need to go, just go. Don't ask yourself why or how, just go. In the end and if we're lucky enough, travelling will bring us closer to ourselves and who we want to be. But only if we allow this to happen...

One of my favourite shots of my grandma Lela, who was also very fond of travelling. She told stories about Russia, Kenia and many more places around the world.
This post is dedicated to her, a woman whose life continues to inspire me to this day.

Xx,
Astrid

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios