Con tecnología de Blogger.

The language of Istanbul

By 3:18 p.m. ,

I believe that every city has a language that can be learned through its structures, people and daily life scenes. These images generate in our minds ideas and concepts that are subjected to constant change. Every step we take in a foreign environment reveals something new and powerful about life.

Whenever you go somewhere new, you really have to learn from scratch, because nothing that you read beforehand prepares you to what you'll encounter. It's truly a spiritual excercise to put oneself in the shoes of a local and walk the path they usually take to work or home, to eat their food, to get lost in the same place where they've found themselves.  

My time wandering around Istanbul has left me with some of the most incredible images that I've ever seen. In an attempt to describe what cannot be described, I've put together the following photos that articulate one of the images I have in my head of this wonderful and mysterious city. I dare to say that it's the image that is closest to my heart because all the pictures were taken in the place where I stayed in Istanbul, Beyoğlu.

There's just so much to see, learn and experience and so little time to take it all in, but as in nice stories there's always a promise. And this one I've made to myself. I'll be back very soon, that's for sure. 


Çukurcuma

Çukurcuma

Çukurcuma

Galata

Galata

Galata

Cihangir

Cihangir

Maiden's Tower

Cihangir

Cihangir

Galata

Galata

Galata

Istanbul

Galata

Galata

Galata

Synagogue, Galata
Portrait.

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios