Con tecnología de Blogger.

Of cats and balconies

By 7:44 p.m.

Imagine the most amazing network of narrow streets adorned by lilliputian balconies and stray cats hiding inside houses.

In fact, I believe these cats aren't a problem in this part of town, they are actually a part of everyday life, an important part of this peculiar urban landscape which I deeply enjoyed discovering while walking around.

 Photography has become a passion to me and I can't imagine walking around this picturesque streets without carrying my camera.

I love to capture moments and details that I find unique and inspiring.
I hope you enjoy my vision of Coptic Cairo.

Copts use to speak the Coptic language, but now they speak Arabic.



Copts share many beliefs with the Roman Catholic Church, but the Coptic church places a heavy emphasis on ascetism, a practice of self-denial in order to get closer to God.

Typical balconies in Old Cairo, also known as Coptic Cairo.



A self-portrait in Coptic Cairo. I loved this part of town.




Cats are literally everywhere! Had to stop here and there to  photograph some!

Late afternoon in Coptic Cairo after the asr prayer.

Street lamps in this part of town are adorned by crosses.

Of cats and balconies, pure Coptic Cairo flair.

So I climbed these stairs just to photograph the cats standing in front of someone's front door. With music in the background and stealthy movements so I didn't scare the animals off, these are my favorite shots.




Young egyptians hanging out in Coptic Cairo streets. The word Coptic derives from a Greek term meaning "Egyptian".


Photography is all about getting close. As Robert Capa once said, "If you feel you didn't take the best picture, that is because you didn't get close enough". And he is probably one of the most important war photographers of all time.

SpiegelEye is also on instagram! Follow @spiegeleyetravel for more pics
Check the Facebook Page for more updates: SpiegelEye travel blog

Have a great weekend!
Astrid

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios