Con tecnología de Blogger.

Souvenirs du passé -an antique shop in Coptic Cairo

By 1:56 p.m.

Sometimes the most interesting places are those which we never intend to visit. The best memories come from those moments we never expect to live or those places we never even thought we would see in the first place.

This is how I felt the entire time in Egypt, because I never thought that by the time I turned 20 I would visit this country, which has impressed me in countless positive ways.

One of the things I appreciated the most of this trip, is that I had all the time of the world to linger. 

When you have plenty of time, you will surely stumble upon unusual spots, which you'll surely love. You'll probably forget the names of streets, shops and people, but what you'll never let go off, is that special feeling of having been where nobody else was; the strange idea of being a true explorer in a world where people have somehow forgot to marvel at the simple adventures of everyday life.

So, as our day in Coptic Cairo came to an end, we passed by an antique shop which was open, but nobody was at the counters. The place was huge and the time was unlimited. We enjoyed looking at the wonderful lamps, wood carvings, funny objects and old photos of Cairo and Egypt. It was like jumping into a time machine. 

By the time we went out, the sun was starting to set. The day was almost over, yet the adventure was just beginning.

Lauren and I pose in an antique shop of Coptic Cairo. 






Shopping for a great book! 

I took home a copy of Hani Shukrallah's "Egypt, the Arabs and the World: Reflections at the turn of the XXI Century". This was my happy face after I bought it.

Old photos of Cairo and Egypt, wonderful!

A Zeppelin flies over Cairo skies.

The mighty Sphinx and the Pyramids. 
The Nile and the Pyramids. You suddenly love them even more after you've visited them.
Next on SpiegelEye, the last post about my day in Old Cairo! Don't miss it!

Follow the instagram @spiegeleyetravel
Facebook page: SpiegelEye travel blog

Cheers, Astrid

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios