Con tecnología de Blogger.

Partir c'est mourir un peu- A year of SpiegelEye!

By 11:10 a.m.

Today marks a year from the beginning of this project that I decided to call SpiegelEye travel blog.
What initially started as an assignment for university, quickly turned into one of the most challenging and amazing projects I've ever worked on.

 I used to think that keeping a blog was pretty easy, but boy how wrong was I.
Constantly finding topics to write about and doing it with the commitment of wanting to transmit a message, is not all that easy, but it is rewarding.

This year of SpiegelEye has also seen some highs and lows in every aspect of my life. That's probably the reason why I chose a phrase I read during one of my french classes as the title for this post.

"Partir c'est mourir un peu", what in English translates as "To go away is to die a little bit".
How and why dying?

To understand this phrase, we must see it in this way: you must let go of that which brings you down and try to be born every day into a new person, keeping the good parts with you.

You must first die, leave negativity behind and then embrace new opportunities. Because if there's one thing I know for sure, is that life will always give you an opportunity to renew yourself. Just go after that which makes you happiest, the rest doesn't really matter.



A year of SpiegelEye -today I look back at all the places I've visited, all the people I've met and all what I've learned from travelling.

For I've seen the scorching sun shine over my head at the Pyramids of Giza and a tiny rainbow hide between rain clouds over the moon-like landscape of Cappadocia; I've been a part of the simple life of the German countryside, where people still buy their bread at the local bakery and drive from town to town to pick up the freshest ingredients. I've walked the corners I already know from Panama City, but that fascinate me each and every single time; I've seen perfect snow-covered volcanoes from the window of my bedroom in Quito. But most importantly, I've decided to go on this adventures on my own.

 Let's hope for many years of SpiegelEye to come!

Self-portrait in Potrerillos, Chiriquí Province, Panama

I loved the lush green of trees during springtime in Maria Buchen, close to the german city Lohr am Main.

A milestone: the Pyramids!
Thank you for also being a part of SpiegelEye! Don't miss my next post about the City of the Dead in Cairo!

Cheers,
Astrid

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios